Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm gonna pretend like I know what I'm talking about.

(Currently Listening to : Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing)

So, Thursday evening I persuaded my mother into buying me the book Nikon D3100 : From Snapshots to Great Shots in exchange for a 25$ gift card to Chilis....That thing would have never got used. Even if I would have went there (and I rarely do) I would have completely spaced the fact that I even had the thing and would have left the restaurant pissed. Haha. So, back to the book...the thing is awesome. A really easy read and super helpful. The guy just tells ya what you need to know...my kind of book :). In the following pictures I was messing with the Shutter Speed Mode and Aperture Mode and I surprisingly had a good idea of what I was doing. I believe I said, "Mom, I don't know if you know this or not but....I'm getting pretty good at this whole photography thing" like one hundred times. I take after my Dad in the fact that we are both extremely humble. It's really such a great trait we share.... ;). So anyways, hopefully you enjoy these shots.

(Currently Listening to : Robbie Seay Band - Let Our Faith be not Alone)

Okay, had to post these. I just bought Macy that bed like maybe a week ago....she never leaves the thing. Literally, she spent allllll day yesterday sleeping right there. She's got it really rough.


"Get that camera out of my face dude.."

ISO - 800
Aperture - F/8
Shutter Speed - 1/80s

ISO - 800
Aperture - F/5.6
Shutter Speed - 1/160s


ISO - 800
Aperture - F/10
Shutter Speed - 1/1000s

Okay, so remember how I mentioned my father being a humble man. That was a lie :) I love him but never and I mean NEVER give the man a compliment. This morning he made breakfast...egg, bacon and cheese sanwiches. I didn't have one but yeah...they looked pretty freakin good. So, my mother, being the kind soul she is, handed him a compliment on how nice and delish the sandwich looked....c'mon mom. "I know, Lisa. I mean, don't you wish you could make a sandwich as good as mine?" RUDE! Because the man was such a saint this morning I thought I'd do a little bit of shaming. Meet Morning Bobby...

....I don't think the camera likes focusing on negativity....;)

But yeah....that does look pretty dang good. Don't tell him I said so.

(Currently Listening to : Taking Back Sunday - What's it feel like to be a ghost)

Not too many exciting pictures today but I promise some in the near future....like tomorrow. Tonight my family and I will be gracing Monster Jam with our presence... ;). But I'm excited to see my nephew, Deacon and the excitement on his face when he sees monster trucks romping over each other. It should be a real treat....and really loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment